Exergy is a high-tech engineering and consultancy company delivering advanced solutions to develop the circular economy. We have a vibrant culture of creativity and collaboration and our expert team of engineering and business professionals have a strong aptitude for generating and developing innovative ideas that help provide a better environment for all. Visit www.exergy-global.com
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Software Developer to join our vibrant team and help us develop innovative software applications which contribute to the circular economy. You’ll be required to make intuitive high-level decisions and will possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. The position is based in Coventry but remote working (UK only) could be considered for the right candidate. 6-month contract/permanent.
- Design, coordinate development and deliver software products and e-commerce solutions at scale
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of the desired product(s)
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Design and implement next-generation web applications with a focus on user-facing features
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM subject, (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, micro-services, and system components including databases, data access methods, message queues, caching, and others
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools
- Motivation to contribute to the low carbon economy
- Right to work in the UK and travel within the EU
- Work as part of a growing team of enthusiastic professionals
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays (permanent positions)
- Flexible work environment
- Company pension (permanent positions)
To apply, please submit your CV with a cover letter briefly explaining your motivation and suitability for the position.