Android Developer - Remote Role - Attending Regular Meetings in Uxbridge - UB8
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Android Developer, to join our company as a remote worker based in the UK who is able to attend meetings in Uxbridge on a regular basis. We are a fast-growing company with a clear market leading position in the UK Care sector. This is a full-time opportunity, supporting flexible hours. You will be responsible for the creation of high-quality, industry leading Mobile Applications for our clients, constantly seeking to learn and improve, actively research, develop and recommend practices, platforms, features and best practice.
- 29+ days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Perkbox employee rewards (childcare vouchers, dining, shopping and entertainment discounts)
- Parking paid
- Local gym membership
Skills & experience required:
- Full understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Strong understanding and experience of working with the Android SDK, Kotlin and Android Studio.
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices.
- Able to contribute to the design of REST APIs.
- Mastery of object-oriented programming paradigms -SOLID, GRASP and Hollywood Principle
- Versed in version control and Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools - Ideally Git and Azure DevOps.
- Experience of working with Fabric (Answers, Crashlytics, Twitter), Google Analytics, Firebase, Google SDK, Localisations and Push Notifications.
- Experienced in test automation CI/CD.
- Understanding of Human Interface Guidelines.
- Experience of working with remote/offshore developers and testers.
- Familiar with at least one Agile methodology - preferably Scrum.
- Building state of the art mobile apps for a rapidly growing user base.
- Maintain and enhance mobile applications by addressing bugs and introducing new features
- Demonstrate new features to colleagues prior to release.
- Contribute throughout the software development life cycle.
- Interacting with UI / UX designers to achieve an aspirational UX which is suitable for our clients.
- Participating in pull requests and code reviews.
- Regularly assessing and improving anything that affects you, your team or the company.
- Proactively research development practices, products and mobile devices to recommend, research and develop valuable features