£65,000 - £70,000 a year
Senior Java Engineer/ Lead Developer/ Remote - London - £65k to £75k
We are a well-established profitable company with ambitious growth plans, and is currently seeking additional funding to support those plans.
We are committed to helping businesses connect and converse with their customers, increasing sales, loyalty and satisfaction by synchronising one or all sales channels.
Our SaaS-based product, is the intelligent guided selling platform, proven to increase employee engagement, sales conversion and customer satisfaction. Built by guided-selling experts, it simplifies complex purchase on any channel or across the omni channel. It’s modular, easy to integrate, and delivered as-a-service, it will grow and adapt as needs evolve with no capex or technology refresh to worry about. The platform is built with the ultimate aim of offering codeless and rapid configurations to our customers; therefore guided selling journeys could be changed at will without the traditional software design-code-test-release cycle. This role offers the opportunity to working in an exciting and developing area of technology.
Our platform is built on the Java framework and utilising the below technologies:
- Backend : Spring framework, EclipseLink, Velocity, Elasticsearch, MySQL etc
- DevOps : Amazon (AWS) EC2, AWS RDS, AWS LB, Route 53, CloudFront etc
- Frontend : AngularJS, LQuery, BPMN-IO etc
We are open to the adoption of relevant languages (e.g. Go), frameworks and technologies to ensure we are in tune with best practices in and around our space.
Please note - we are happy for the right candidate to work remotely 2/3 days per week with 2 days in office.
Development specialist responsible for the design, build, and testing of web based SaaS applications for Enterprise clients. including integration with 3rd party applications.
- Participate in design, methodology and technology choices that drive the software development
- Involved in all stages of the application development, planning, implementation, delivery and support
- Translation of application storyboards and user stories into functional applications
- Identification of bottlenecks and defects, including the development of solutions to these problems
- Engagement with Solutions Architect in resolving design issues
- Ensure that high-quality, tested and maintainable code is produced by the development team
- Innovate and provide input to the Product roadmap
- Contribution to technical discussions and maintenance of standards in line with technology trends and market developments
- Developing high-quality, tested and maintainable code that adheres to our defined development standards
- Documentation of developed code and solutions
- Strong server-side JAVA development skills
- Significant exposure developing SaaS applications
- Significant exposure with test driven development, version controlled environments and continuous integration methodology and tools
- Good understanding of web security and application security
- Good understanding of design and architecture patterns and development principles
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles, especially application containers and microservices
- Exposure working in an Agile, Scrum and Kanban environments
- Broad exposure in software development technologies (front-end and back-end), databases, application infrastructure
- API design and development exposure
- Commercial exposure of operating with offshore and UK development teams
- Use of Service Discovery tools
- Exposure in Amazon AWS environments and exposure to AWS services
- Exposure to front end frameworks such as Angular JS